Idris Elba Stands up to Terrorists in First Trailer for Apple Series ‘Hijack’
In the 2minutes, 20seconds trailer, Sam (character played by Idris Elba), who is an experienced negotiator in the real world of business. Boards a flight later hijacked by armed men. Sam is seen as an experienced negotiator. While second ticks into minutes and minutes into hours, Sam’s attempts to outwit the terrorists led to an uncovering of a larger conspiracy in a seven-hour of extreme palpitation for the innocent ones on board from Dubai to London.
However, in London, a counterterrorism team led by Archie Panjabi, becomes deeply entangled in the investigation and scrabbles to find a solution to avoid fatality.
The series, created by George Kay and Jim Field Smith, also stars Christine Adams, Max Beesley, Eve Myles, Neil Maskell, Jasper Britton, Harry Michell, Aimee Kelly, Mohamed Elsandel and Ben Miles.
George Kay and Field Smith also, did more than writing; each served as executive producers alongside Elba, Jamie Laurenson, Kousetta, and Kris Thykier. This is the first series to come from Elba’s Green Door Pictures’ first-look deal with Apple.
60Forty Films, the production company behind Apple dramas Slow Horses and The Essex Serpent, and Kay and FIeld-Smith’s Idiotlamp Productions produce the film—Hijack.
- “My interest lies in telling stories that cast a vision of a better Nigeria, Africa, and the world”— Niyi Muyi
- Davido discloses huge Netflix series
- The Future of Filmmaking in Africa is Very Bright Because We Are Seeing Younger Filmmakers who Are More Daring Than Never Before – Orobosa Ikponmwen
- Re-enacting the Revolutionary Power of Art in Africa
- Anthill Studios And Its Organizational Culture of Excellence