The African Media mogul, Mo Abudu, to premiere her Directorial debut IYAWO MI at Cannes Film Festival.
Mo Abudu, the CEO of EbonyLife Media and a respected media mogul of international repute, philanthropist, and former human resources management consultant. Forbes ranked her one of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2022.
After leading EbonyLife Media to a resounding success on a global scale as the Executive Producer and Producer of all movies from the company, the media giant has launched Mo Abudu Films. This development will help her explore another cardinal part of filmmaking—directing.
To further her skill in directing, Ms Abudu attended London Film School in 2017 and completed the course in directing. Her passion for film directing has been concretised, making visible her ability to offer more in the field of her passion—filmmaking.
She made this known on her Instagram, “I am excited to showcase my short film – IYAWO MI – at the Short Film Corner during the Cannes Film Festival, a global stage that brings together filmmakers from around the world. This is an incredible opportunity to share my vision and my stories with a wider audience, and to contribute to the vibrant and diverse landscape of world cinema.”
Affirming the importance of pursuing ones passion, she wrote, “Always remember – it’s important to give life to our passions and never put ourselves in a box with a lid on it. “Live life and be you, whatever that may be.””
- South African Iconic Movie ‘Sarafina!’ Selected for Cannes Film Festival’s Classics Section
- Davido discloses huge Netflix series
- The Future of Filmmaking in Africa is Very Bright Because We Are Seeing Younger Filmmakers who Are More Daring Than Never Before – Orobosa Ikponmwen
- Re-enacting the Revolutionary Power of Art in Africa
- Anthill Studios And Its Organizational Culture of Excellence